Setting up multi-region cloud Datacenter using Openstack
The objective was to setup an OpenStack infrastructure to support Multi-Region Cloud Instance deployments across multiple regions globally.
- Setup Multi Region OpenStack with automated provisioning through Single Horizon.
- OpenStack High Availability within each region.
- Multi-tenancy integrated with Keystone.
- Integration with automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Heat).
- Build a robust, scalable, agile infrastructure that can support the IT demands.
We deployed the infrastructure with the following features.
- Option to select a specific region for deploying Virtual Machines.
- Self-service portal for the deployment of Cloud services on the fly.
- Deploying application speed time-to-market tools, and tools to carefully monitor charge-backs.
- Cloud infrastructure that lets the users provision what they need and when they need it.
- Integrated application monitoring for faster troubleshooting.